Dr King Jye Wong | Best Researcher Award Winner 2023
King Jye Wong: Cohesive Zone Modeling
Academician/Research Scholar, Associate Professor, Curtin University Malaysia-Malaysia.
Congratulations to King Jye Wong on receiving the prestigious Best Researcher Award at the International Research Awards on Fiber-Reinforced Polymer! Your pioneering work in Cohesive Zone Modeling has been a true game-changer in the field. Here's to your dedication, innovation, and outstanding contributions to advancing our understanding of fiber-reinforced polymers. Well-deserved accolades for your remarkable achievements!
Early Academic Pursuits
King Jye Wong’s academic journey began with a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical from Multimedia University. He furthered his studies with a Master's in Mechanical Engineering from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and obtained his PhD in Mechanics from Institut Supérieur de l'Automobile et des Transports in France. His expertise evolved across mechanical engineering domains, especially focusing on engineering materials durability, adhesive joints, and computational solid mechanics.
Wong's professional career spans over a decade, showcasing his commitment to academia. He served as a Lecturer at Multimedia University, progressed to a Senior Lecturer at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, and currently holds the position of Associate Professor at Curtin University Malaysia. His roles encompass lecturing, project supervision, research, and administrative responsibilities across various engineering disciplines.
Contributions and Research Focus
His contributions to academia and research are prolific, evident from a substantial number of publications, memberships in professional bodies, editorial board roles, and extensive involvement in conferences and symposiums. Wong's research focuses on delamination in composite materials, moisture absorption characteristics, and mechanical behavior of various materials under different conditions. He's secured numerous research grants and has been involved in significant consultancy projects.
Accolades and Recognition
Wong's dedication and excellence have been recognized through several awards, including Service Excellence Certificates, Best Oral Presentation awards, Young Researcher Awards, and Scholarships. His commitment to teaching and learning is highlighted by grants focused on improving pedagogical approaches.
Impact and Influence
His influence extends beyond academia, with Wong actively contributing to professional bodies, editing books, and serving on editorial boards. Additionally, his consultations with industry players demonstrate the practical applicability of his research, potentially impacting industrial practices and material development.
Legacy and Future Contributions
King Jye Wong’s legacy lies in his extensive research contributions, mentorship of students and staff, and active involvement in academic and professional spheres. His ongoing commitment to expanding knowledge in engineering materials and mechanics bodes well for future advancements in these fields
- Fracture characterisation of short bamboo fibre reinforced polyester composites
- The effects of alkali treatment on the interfacial adhesion of bamboo fibres
- Three-body abrasion on wear and frictional performance of treated betelnut fibre reinforced epoxy (T-BFRE) composite
- Impact behavior of short and continuous fiber-reinforced polyester composites
- Effects of fillers on the fracture behaviour of particulate polyester composites
- Fracture behaviour of glass fibre-reinforced polyester composite
- Moisture absorption characteristics and effects on mechanical behaviour of carbon/epoxy composite: Application to bonded patch repairs of composite structures
- Mode I delamination behaviour of carbon/epoxy composite at different displacement rates
- The effect of treatment on tribo-performance of CFRP composites
- Effect of stacking sequence on mechanical properties and moisture absorption characteristic of hybrid PALF/glass fiber composites